Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Get To Know Jerry

To avoid the inevitable questions, I've decided to tell people a little about myself. First of all, like all the contributors here, I receive no compensation for this venture. Therefore, I cannot invest more time on this blog than I do on my career, education or family. In other words, many people have ideas about what I should investigate and opine on. While I love suggestions, I have to limit myself to an extent.

For the record, I am a conservative. Though I left the Democratic Party after the 2000 election, I re-registered with party as a show of support for my fathers Senate run in 2006. He never encouraged or pressured this move, but it felt right at the time. To this day, I do not regret this decision. Moving forward, I decided my ideology more closely aligns with the Republicans. Moreover, as of December 28th, I am once again a member of the GOP. That said, I am not an apologist for anyone or any political party, In the other words, I hold both sides to the same standard.

Naturally, this blog will likely make me new friends and some enemies. Unfortunately, it may also turn former allies into adversaries. I only hope everyone remembers that I am only spouting my opinions. I don't maintain friendships based on political leanings. I hope others ultimately feel the same way. After all, we're lucky to live in a nation that encourages diverse political opinions.

I am really looking forward to working on this blog. I only hope that all of us have enough time to make it a relevant entity in local politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment